March 10, 2023 - 8:26 am,
Valley Packaging Supply
Do you enjoy making a positive difference for our customers? Are you looking to provide guidance and support to the business while being a part of an industry leading packaging organization? Apply now for your next great opportunity with VPS!
Why work for VPS?
Valley Packaging Supply offers a work environment characterized by teamwork, ethics and advancement opportunities. Our operations run 24/5, straight 8 hour shifts with no swing or weekend work. Together we work hands on creating practical alternatives to more traditional packaging materials. We offer a clean, safe and productive work environment.
What we offer:
Teammates enjoy a number of benefits and perks through employment at VPS. Our benefits include:
- Paid Time Off available after a short introductory period
- 8 Paid Holidays
- A generous 401(k) match
- Affordable Health, Dental and Vision Insurance options (HSA and FSA eligible)
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance with additional coverage options available
- Supplemental Benefits – Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Lunch Break
- Casual Dress
- Opportunities for Overtime
- Career Advancement…and MORE!
Are you the right fit?
The people are the difference makers at VPS. Our teammates are dedicated, hardworking and focused on delivering the best service and products in the industry. This might be the job for you if you:
- Are self-motivated and proactive
- Possess a can do attitude and demonstrated ability to follow through every time on time
- Can communicate well in written and verbal formats that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly
- Want to be challenged and are willing to think critically
- Are organized and able to multi-task while remaining detail oriented
- Are able to make good decisions and adapt well to changes
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Outlook and various business software (e.g., ERP, CRM)
- Full Time – Hourly
- 1st Shift, 8am – 4pm (Monday – Friday)
- Starting pay: $20 per hour, based on experience
Basic Job Duties:
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for responding to customer inquiries on production scheduling and completion. The CSR works internally to research and obtain accurate information to respond to the customer.
- Interacts with customers via telephone, email, online chat or in person to provide support and information on an assigned product or service
- Researches and traces data to provide accurate information to customers relating to orders
- Ensures apropriate actions are taken to resolve customers’ problems and concerns
- Provides updated and/or communicates order and schedule changes to customers
- Queries customers to source additional information to process orders
- Maintains customer accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquiries, complaints, or comments
- Facilitates communication between scheduling and production as needed
- Serve as a point of contact for customers
- Provide administrative support functions to Customer Service Manager, Master Scheduler and Sales
- Logs and tracks commonalities in service issues specific to internal constraints as well as customer specific issues
- May work with Product Development on customer clarifications in specifications
- Journals and organizes information provided to customers for reference
- Maintains customer database and updates information
- 1-3 years of customer service and support experience required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred