· Direct the activities of the Production Technicians to best support the department and as directed by the Production Manager.
· Assign Production Technicians Floaters tasks, coordinating with the Floor Leads and Management to adjust efforts as needed.
· Develop, coach, and train Production Technicians, including updating and maintaining training records and goals.
· Coordinate with Floor Leads and management to schedule maintenance stoppages, Production Technician support, and order setup efforts.
· Coordinate with Floor Leads and Management to assist in the training of operators on machine adjustments and basic maintenance.
· Control product and production processes.
· Maintain the department to all safety, food safety, and 5S policies.
· Follow all safety and food safety regulations.
· Perform other miscellaneous job duties and related functions as needed.
Competency or Position Requirements:
· Good understanding of Flexible Packaging processes and ability to apply Total Production Management principles.
· Good verbal and written communication (English and Spanish preferred).
· Good understanding of manufacturing processes, production priorities, and problems.
· Excellent coaching and training abilities, as well as the ability to develop and report training plans.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Proactive and dynamic.
· Self-motivated, disciplined, and enthusiastic with high levels of drive and teamwork.
· Fault-finding, problem solving, and organizational skills.
· Experience with Microsoft suite; including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams.
· Excellent attendance track record.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Physical Factors/Work Environment: